If you’ve been following me since the beginning, firstly I want to say thank you for that! Secondly, it won’t be news to you to learn that I’ve been pretty open about my mental health journey.
I do it because it hurts to see so many people struggling with something so prominent in our society that (I feel) doesn’t get the attention it deserves.
In honor of National Suicide Prevention Month, I thought it might help to hear my case of suicidal ideation.
This is my story.
Remember, if you or a loved one are experiencing suicidal ideation you’re certainly not alone. There is help. There is treatment. And it’s all incredibly worth it.
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, call or text 988 immediately.
- If you are uncomfortable talking on the phone, you can chat the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988lifeline.org.
- You can also text NAMI to 741-741 to be connected to a free, trained crisis counselor on the Crisis Text Line.
- Know the Warning Signs and Risk Factors of Suicide
- Being Prepared for a Crisis
- Read our guide, “Navigating a Mental Health Crisis”
- What You Need to Know About Youth Suicide
Need more information, referrals or support? Contact the NAMI HelpLine.