You knew I was going to create one of these, didn’t you?
Sure, it seems like everyone and their mother has creating a “quarantine playlist” to get us through this weird time, but I decided it was my turn – so, why not share it with you too?
This is what I’m thinking needs to be on your quarantine playlist…
- “I’m So Sick” – Flyleaf: Sick literally? Sick of what this whole thing is doing to us as a society? Either way, blast this tune and fondly remember the Lacey days of Flyleaf.
- “Everything Dies” – Type O Negative: Not meant to be macabre here. I just want you to remember that this virus will die too.
- “Madhouse” – Anthrax: For when shit gets to be too much to handle.
- “People = Shit” – Slipknot: For when you see that there’s still no toilet paper stocked in the store because people can’t stop hoarding it! Knock it off you bonobos!
- “I Drink Alone” – George Thorogood & The Destroyers: What else are you going to do right about now?
- “99 Problems” – Jay-Z: Jay knows how to move in a room full of vultures. Take his advice right about now, and know that we’re all feeling the weight of some problems, but you can say screw em’ too!
- “Cemetery Gates” – Pantera: Feeling existential during this crazy time? I am too. Throw this on as a soundtrack to your thoughts. You will feel like you’re not alone.
- “Sick As A Dog” – Aerosmith: Just because it’s relevant and a great excuse to pull out Rocks again.
- “Don’t Come Around Here No More” – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: A humorous way to vent frustrations with store closings, or a great way to remind someone to keep their social distance.
- “Don’t Stand So Close To Me” – The Police: Duh. Keep your social distance! Can we continue this behavior after this is over too!?
- “I Stay Away” – Alice In Chains: A good philosophy to follow right now.
- “SICKO MODE” – Travis Scott: When you need some motivation to pull yourself together during a very trying time. Get into that mode!
- “Keep Your Hands To Yourself” – Georgia Satellites: Good advice to follow.
- “Live Forever” – Nasty Cherry: A boost of positivity that reminds us we’re going to get through this, and we all have something to live for.
- “Welcome To The Black Parade” – My Chemical Romance: Because we’ll carry on!
- “Antisocial” – Ed Sheeran & Travis Scott: Don’t touch me. In fact, don’t touch anyone right now.
- “Scary Little Green Men” – Ozzy Osbourne: For when you’d rather aliens invade and just take control over all of this because maybe they’ll put an end to the pandemic faster. Also a good excuse to dissect Ordinary Man if you haven’t yet.
- “Drain You” – Nirvana: For when you’re just mentally over all of the intensity of this time.
- “Be Still And Know” – Machine Head: This is from my favorite Machine Head album Unto The Locust. The sun will rise. This shall pass, be still and know. Encouraging words right about now.
What’s on your quarantine playlist? What would you add to this list?